Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Now You Can Follow by Email






You may be getting notices of my new AncientGardenerBlog postings via RSS or Atom feeds, if you clicked one of the icons for those services on my blog. But if you have no idea of what that means, there’s a new way for you to get a notice by email when I publish a new post.


Here’s how to do it: When you're at AncientGardenerBlog, look in the upper-right corner for a box called “Follow by Email.” Type your email address in the box and then click “Submit.” You’ll be asked to complete a word verification, which helps prove you’re an individual and not spam software. Then you’ll be signed up to receive an email notice the next time I post.


Here’s how Blogger, my blog’s home or platform, describes how this new “Gadget” works: “When new blog content is published, all subscribed readers will receive a daily email notification of the new published posts, which includes a copy of the new content as well as links back to the actual posts.”


I’ve just subscribed by adding my email, so I’ll be testing the new service.


Let me know what you think by posting a Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment